Tuesday 9 June 2015

The beauty of a Crossroad

Well friends, it's been a while since I've had the time or anything meaningful to write down and share with you all, but that changes today.

Recently, I've been given a beautiful moment to push the pause button on this epic saga we call life in order to really think about what it is I want to do, who it is I want to be, and where it is I want to go; What inspires me and what reignites passion in my life.

At first, I wasn't sure I would like this blank canvas in my mind with no borders or limits to what I could paint. Isn't it a bad idea to be alone with ones thoughts all day long? Couldn't that lead to trouble?

Well, I guess that's kind of the point. And it also depends on how you would define trouble. Trouble for one person could be opportunity for another. And I've decided I'm choosing the latter.

This is an opportunity. 

An opportunity to push the reset button on the path I've chosen thus far. An opportunity to choose a path less traveled, be it only slightly different or completely uncharted territory.

What path would that be? Where would it lead me? Will I like it better than the one I'm on now? There aren't any tangible answers to these questions. 

So what do you do when faced with a decision of this magnitude?

Well, for me, personal reflection has been a good starting point.

Second, some good old fashioned R & R is a great thing too.

From there? Leave the door open for information to flood in, be it from best friends, former work colleagues, parents, loved ones or whatever else pops up.

I had the pleasure of celebrating with one of my best friends at her graduation from university today, and my heart filled with pride at her achievements at such a young age. 

The world is our oyster, and she is living proof that you can do anything you wish to do and be anything you wish to be.

The moment I watched her walk across the stage to receive her degree, it also made me realize just how young I really am; something I sometimes forget when I think of how much I've accomplished in such a short time. I was never the patient type, which I'm sure would be reaffirmed if you asked those close to me. 

But sometimes it's good to stop and think for a second to really decide whether something is the right thing for you.

This is my second. This is my moment. This is my pause button.

And dang it, I'm going to make every minute of it worthwhile.

Catch you on the flipside folks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment